Yue Hwa Chinese Products Emporium Limited (collectively referred to as “Yue Hwa”, “We” or “the Company”). We own and operate the Website shop.yuehwa.com and Mobile App (collectively referred to as “Our Website”, “Our App”). Our Website offers a convenient way to shop online over the Internet, including by using our applications, and also provides one-stop delivery services (referred to as “services”). We endeavor to ensure that all our collection, transmission, storage and usage of personal data is carried out in compliance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap 486 of the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (the “PDPO”).
Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Data
Types of Personal Date Collected
Types of personal data collected by Our Company may include, without limitation:
- Your personal information and contact information such as your name, gender, date of birth, identity card number, telephone number, email address, mailing address, and billing address;
- Your business information such as company name and business title;
- Your account details, including credit card account numbers, or user accounts;
- Your IP address, real-time geographic location data；
- Your social media contact.
The Purposes for which Data relating to Customers May be used as follows:
- The daily operation of Yue Hwa's business in providing goods, products and services to customers;
- Identifying you and any accounts you hold with us;
- Marketing goods, products and services (please refer to provisions in relation to Direct Marketing);
- Designing services or related products for customers' use;
- Auditing purposes;
- Meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on Yue Hwa or any of its branches;
- Conducting research, statistical analysis and behavioral analysis;
- Conducting program viewership survey and analysis;
- Making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Services or goods and services that may interest you or them; and
- Purposes relating to any of the above;
- You further agree that we may disclose and transfer (whether in Hong Kong or abroad) your Personal Data to third party services providers engaged by us to assist with providing you with our services (including data entry, managing our customer database, processing, effecting and verifying sales, orders, refunds and/or exchanges relating to products available for sale in our shops or through our website, contacting you regarding promotions, delivery “Click and Collect” services and other customer service) and securely disposing of your Personal Data (“Third Party Service Providers”).These Third Party Service Providers are under a duty of confidentiality to us and are only permitted to use your Personal Data in connection with the purposes specified, and not for their own purposes (including direct marketing);
- Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than personal data sent or posted to Our Website and Our App, or any part of the Website or App by you will be considered as voluntarily provided to the Company on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including passing it to any associated company for example, in connection with the development and marketing of services and to meet user needs.
Transfer of Personal Date outside Hong Kong
If necessary, the Company may transfer the personal data to places outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region for carrying out the purposes, or the directly related purposes, for which the personal data were collected. All the transfer of those personal data will be carried out in compliance with the requirements of the PDPO.
Retention of Personal Data
If you choose, or you are provided with, a password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. If your mobile number is used for account login, you shall ensure that timely update is made by logging in to your account at “Account Profile” when your mobile number is to be changed or returned to your mobile operator. This is important to ensure that your account information will not be accessed by a third party who may have acquired the right to use your discarded mobile number. You are solely responsible for securing your account in this particular way. We shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage in this regard.
Unless there is a mandatory legal requirement for us to keep your personal data for a specified period, we will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected.
Scope of Application
Data Access / Correction / Removal
- Under and in accordance with the terms of the Ordinance any individual has the right:
- to check whether Yue Hwa holds data relating to him/her and the right of access to such data;
- to require Yue Hwa to correct any data relating to him/her which is inaccurate; and
- to request Yue Hwa to remove all or any data related to him/her; and
- to ascertain Yue Hwa’s policies and practices in relation to data and to be informed of the kinds of data held by Yue Hwa.
- In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, Yue Hwa has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
- Requests for access to data or correction of data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held should be addressed to:
Data Protection Officer
Yue Hwa Chinese Products Emporium Limited
15th Floor, 301-309 Nathan Road, Kowloon
Tel: +852 3511 2222
- Yue Hwa intends to use the personal data of customers (including, without limitation, their names, address, telephone numbers, electronic mail address and such other personal data from time to time provided by the customers to Yue Hwa) for direct marketing purpose as stipulated below in 2 but Yue Hwa can only use such data for such purpose with the consent (including an indication of no objection) of customers.
- Yue Hwa may conduct direct marketing for the following kinds of products:
- Information, products and services of goods and retail products including, without limitation, clothing and footwear, electrical appliances, food, drugs, travel goods, sport equipment, medical equipment, arts & crafts, tableware, kitchenware, cleaning equipment, bedding products, household products, toys and other goods/ products normally sold in department stores;
- Members promotional activities including, without limitation, sales activities, branding and imaging activities, coupons or discounting activities etc.; and
- Marketing research.